Pre-tour Contact – by phone or e mail to ensure we provide what you are looking for.
Arrival and Departure Advice - whether by road, rail, sea or airport. We can use our 7 seat Mercedes minibus for airport pickups – Glasgow, Edinburgh, Prestwick or Newcastle.
If by rail, we usually suggest we can pick you up at Dumfries or Lockerbie railway stations. A daily London to Belfast bus stops in Castle Douglas.
Accommodation – Our holiday break usually include provision of accommodation - of whatever standard is required. See below for the different options. We also offer bed and breakfast at our base in Castle Douglas. Our 4 star rated B&B includes use of a swim/spa. More information below.
Packed Lunches – we can supply a packed lunch if required although our tours usually have lunch stops at tea rooms or food pubs.
Welcome Meeting – at your arrival accommodation, we go over your holiday Information Pack with you and can answer any questions you have.
Information Pack - includes route maps, local information about places of interest along the routes as well as information and leaflets on nearby attractions.
A Friend in the Area – a support service if any problems occur - contact us by mobile phone.
Luggage Transfer – If luggage transfer is required between accommodation places during your break, to ensure security of your possessions, we take care of this using our own personnel.
Cycle and Equipment hire - We mostly have hybrid cycles for hire but also a couple of drop handlebar road bikes.
Holiday Cost - Your total holiday cost also includes our service costs i.e. tour and route research and arrangement, welcome visit, tour pack provision, support service and our public liability insurance.
What is NOT INCLUDED as standard on tour prices quoted on website,
Evening meals – Our selected accomodation is almost always in small towns and villages with evening meal provision. This mostly allows you to choose where to eat. On occasions your accommodation can also provide evening meals by arrangement.
Entry Fees – to castles, gardens etc during a walk. Entry not mandatory.
We specialise in being flexible to your requirements so let us know if you require extra services and we will arrange if possible.
Step 1 - Enquiry
Following receipt of an enquiry about one of our cycling or biking holidays or short breaks, whether listed on our website or a designed itinerary, we will quickly respond by email.
Step 2 - Provide Outline Itinerary
After confirming details if necessary, we then provide an outline itinerary including accommodation, transport, luggage transfer, cycle hire and any other aspects as required. We also provide a price quote at this time if possible.
Step 3 - If Booking, Request Deposit
Following any consultation and amendments, to book a cycling or biking vacation, we require a deposit of 25% of the tour cost, payable by cheque or card when we send an invoice by the Paypal system. (If booking hotel or self catering accommodation, we may require the accommodation cost to be paid in full when we book it for you).
Step 4 - Provide Detailed Itinerary
A more detailed tour itinerary including accommodation and the cycling holiday itinerary is then provided.
Step 5 - Welcome Meeting
Whether a guided or self-guided break, we meet you on arrival at your accommodation to provide your tour information pack and go over the full tour itineray and allow you to ask any questions about your break.
We are available to be contacted prior to and during your break if you have any questions or if any problems occur.
Part of our service is to arrange accommodation to match the location and theme of your break. We often arrange at least the first night accommodation at our own 4 star B&B, Summerhill in Castle Douglas, subject to availability. The B&B has a swim spa which is ideal to relax in after your day's cycling.
Should your holiday or break involve visiting other towns and villages in the region, we have an excellent knowledge of accommodation available and indeed use selected B&B's, guest houses, hotels, hostels and self catering accommodation as required.
We have an extensive range of hybrid cycles for hire, although you can bring your own bike if your prefer (at no cost).
We currently have two touring bikes with drop handlebars for those who are more used to this style of cycle.
A rear rack bag, cycle computer and repair equipment including spare tubes is standard equipment on our bikes.
Hire Cost - 2 days - £30; 3 days - £42; 4 days - £56; 5 days - £65; 6 days - £78; 7 days - £84.
Add £5 per day to hire a touring bike.
Repairs - If you are not familar with changing a puncture, it is part of the support service and we will travel to do the repair for you.
Electric Bikes - We are able to locally hire electric bikes to help the less experienced or fit cyclists to keep up with others in their party - even with assistance only for the hills!
Castle Douglas is indeed a 'Cycling Town' with two well appointed bike shops provoding an excellent service fort a town of only 4000 population. The Tour of Britian and other cycle events have stages finishing in KIng St. Castle Douglas. Castle Douglas Cycle Centre and Next Level Bikes are well appointed local cycle shops in our base town, Castle Douglas. We also liaise with several other cycle shops throughout the region who are available to assist with repairs with tours which pass through their area.
We offer to transfer your luggage between overnight accommodation places. We do this ourselves to ensure security of your belonghings - we don't use taxi's or other transport means.
Category 1: Easy – Fairly flat with easy hills terrain - suitable for all ages and fitness.
Category 2: Moderate - A mixture of terrain with some hills. Suitable for those with a reasonable fitness.
Category 3: Challenging - some parts as in Category 2 but some longer uphill rides. A moderate level of fitness is required.
Category 4: Sporting – Some challenging routes with steep hills or longer distances. A good level of fitness is required.
Our region is in the South West corner of Scotland and is surprisingly accessible from central Scotland, northern England, London (daily London bus) and N. Ireland. We are based in the centrally situated market town of Castle Douglas.
We are able to pickup from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Glasgow Prestwick (Ryanair)airports and LOckerbie and Dumfries railway stations using our 7 seat minibus. We suggest that it is more cost effective for over 4 people to arrive by airport pickup, otherwise train arrival to Lockerbie is the most common means of arrival.
Approx. cost for airport pickup anmd taken to your first night's accommodationn is around £100 with a Lockerbie station pickup being £35 and Dumfries station pickup being £25.
Below is more information on the various ways and times to get here. Contact us and we can advise further.
Castle Douglas is by-passed by the A75 road which runs through the region. It is an easy drive from most cities in the north of England, via the M6 and Central Scotland via the A74. We are 1 hour from Carlisle and Stranraer and 2 hours from Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Dumfries and Lockerbie railway stations are closest to arrive at our base in Castle Douglas. Dumfries is half an hour away and is on the line between Glasgow and Carlisle. Lockerbie is three quarters of an hour away and on the main west coast UK line between London Euston and Glasgow. Lockerbie is 1 hour from Edinburgh by train and a popular option to reach us. We are able to pick you up at the railway station and bring you to our base in the market town of Castle Douglas.
Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle airports are around a 2 hour drive from Castle Douglas. We suggest after arrival at these airports, take the regular airport bus to the city centre - under 1/2 an hour - and take a train to either Lockerbie or Dumfries from where we can pick you up. Glasgow Prestwick airport is actually closest (just over 1 hour) to Castle Douglas and suitable for flights using low cost airline Ryanair. Due to awkward rail connections (unless wishing to spend time in Glasgow before your cycling tour) a pickup from the airport is advised.
Their is a daily overnight bus from London to Belfast and return. Times are: Depart Victoria coach station at 0900 and 1700 with arrival at Castle Douglas at 1735 and 0215. Return journeys - Depart Castle Douglas at 2110 and 1100 arriving London 0600 and 2020. Stops en route both ways are at Dumfries, Annan, Carlisle, Manchester Central, Birmingham, Milton Keynes and Golders Green, London. Price is £35. Suggest confirm the above with National Express before travelling. The regular No.500 bus between Dumfries and Stranraer, which calls in at Castle Douglas, runs every 2 hours and has the facility to carry bikes. www.swestrans.org.uk The journey time is 1 and 3/4 hours.
The ferry ports of Stranraer and Cairnyan in the west of our region are an hour from Castle Douglas. The regular ferries sail from and to Belfast and Larne respectively in N. Ireland.
PIckup and Return - We are able to pickup from Lockerbie and Dumfries railway stations. Lockerbie is on the main line from London to Glasgow and Edinburgh while Dumfries is an off-shoot line between Carlise and Glasgow.
A booking is accepted by us
a) when we confirm the holiday availability and cost, and
b) on receipt of the deposit payment.
To complete a booking we normally ask for a deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost. (If booking hotel or self catering accommodation, we may require the accommodation cost to be paid in full after we book it for you).
Deposits are normally non returnable, but to date we have a sympathetic policy depending on the circumstances.
We comply with the EEC Package Travel Directive 1992. Your deposit or full payment is held in an independent trust fund until your holiday has been completed.
Payment Methods - by cheque (check) or card.
We accept payment in UK pounds sterling. Your local bank can arrange a sterling cheque (check) for you. We request customers pay the transaction/administration charge.
Cheque - for UK Customers
Payment by personal cheque only please. Cheques should be made payable to 'Galloway Holidays,' and forwarded to:
Scotland, DG7 1GA.
Debit and Credit Cards
Our preferred method of payment is by using the Paypal system via email - which accepts credit and debit cards. We will send an online invoice which includes a 4% transaction charge.
Your details will never be divulged to other companies.
We have been working with Visitscotland Dumfries and Galloway since our formation in 2004. We achieved a silver award after inspection by the Visitscotland accredited Green Tourism Business Scheme. We also join with Destination Dumfries and Galloway, Glorious Galloway, The 7 Stanes Mountain Bike Business Network and Holiday Southern Scotland as well as other tourism organisations.
Galloway Cycling Holidays (and Galloway Walking Holidays) is now part of Galloway Holidays Ltd, but still the same business with same personnel.
Galloway Holidays Ltd has tour operators liability insurance.
It is recommended that youn arrange travel insurance to cover cancellations, accidents and repatriation if necessary, personal injury, medical expenses, loss or damage of luggage and contents while you are on a holiday with us.
Company No. SC357627
Company Address –
Telephone and Fax: +0044(0)1556 502 979
These terms and conditions set out the terms of agreement reached between you and Galloway Holidays. By placing a booking, you will be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions:
1. GENERAL – Any contract entered into by you, for the purchase of a holiday through this website, is with Galloway Holidays Ltd. Galloway Holidays’ address is Summerhill, Abercromby Road, Castle Douglas, Dumfries and Galloway, DG7 1BB.
2. BOOKINGS - Subject to availability, your booking will be confirmed when Galloway Holidays receive your Booking Form together with a deposit of 25% of the total tour cost. No contract will exist unless and until Galloway Holidays accepts your booking and confirms it in writing. Such acceptance will be deemed effectively communicated to you the day following the posting of such acceptance, whether or not that acceptance is received by you. It is your obligation, on receipt of confirmation, to check the details on the confirmation letter and inform Galloway Holidays should those details be incorrect.
3. PAYMENT - The balance of the full holiday price is due 30 days prior to your holiday start date, unless an alternative due date is agreed with Galloway Holidays. If the balance is not received by the due date Galloway Holidays reserve the right to cancel your booking and apply cancellation charges.
4. CANCELLATION BY YOU – All cancellations must be made in writing.
Deposits – If a booking is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the tour start date the Deposit will be non-refundable. If a booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to a tour start date the Deposit will be refundable subject to the deduction of a research and administration fee relating to the work carried out by Galloway Holidays in arranging your cycling break
Full Payment – If a booking is cancelled after the balance of the total tour cost has been paid and:
a) more than 30 days prior to the tour start date, Galloway Holidays will repay to you a sum to be determined by them as constituting the total tour cost under deduction of (1) a research and administration fee (not exceeding 10% of holiday cost) relating to the work carried out by Galloway Holidays in arranging your cycling break, and (2) any cancellation fee charged by the accommodation provider.
b) less than 30 days prior to the tour start date, Galloway Holidays will repay to you a sum to be determined by them as constituting the total tour cost under deduction of (1) the Deposit, (2) a research and administration fee relating to the work carried out by Galloway Holidays in arranging your cycling break, and (3) any cancellation fee charged by the accommodation provider.
A full payment refund will be given if a Group or Guided Tour is cancelled in circumstances set out at condition 8.
5. CANCELLATION BY GALLOWAY HOLIDAYS* – If in the unlikely event that, for any reason, Galloway Holidays requires to cancel your holiday, they will notify you as soon as possible. Galloway Holidays will make a full refund of any sums paid to them by you. Galloway Holidays will not be responsible for any other expenses incurred by you, nor for compensating you for any inconvenience caused. *For information, Galloway Holidays have never, to date, cancelled a booking.
6. PAYMENT SECURITY AND INSURANCE - For your security, Galloway Holidays complies with The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 and your payments are held in an independent Trust Account until completion of your holiday. Galloway Holidays is of course also covered by public liability and other appropriate insurance.
7. DATA PROTECTION – Galloway Holidays will not pass your personal details, or your banking details to any third party.
8. GROUP and GUIDED TOURS - A minimum number of 4 persons is required for group and 6 person for guided cycling tours to proceed. If, 30 days before the start of the group or guided cycling tour, there are fewer than 4 or 6 persons booked on the tour, the tour will be cancelled. All persons booked on the tour will be notified as soon as practicable. In these circumstances, an alternative self-led cycling break can be arranged in substitution. Alternatively, if cancellation is preferred, a full refund will be given. Galloway Holidays will not be responsible for any other incurred expenses.
Galloway Holidays’ guided tour leaders are experienced cyclists who hold appropriate qualifications. You are required to behave in a reasonable manner throughout any guided tour and to act on any safety advice given by the tour leader.
9. TOUR ALTERATIONS AT YOUR REQUEST - Once your break has been booked, Galloway Holidays will endeavour to make any alterations to the booking arrangements that you might request. Galloway Holidays cannot guarantee that it will be possible to make such alterations. Galloway Holidays reserves the right to charge an alteration fee in the event that any such alterations are made.
10. TOUR ALTERATIONS BY GALLOWAY HOLIDAYS – Galloway Holidays reserves the right to make minor changes to cycling break itinerary. You will be informed as soon as possible of any significant changes.
11. BICYCLE RENTAL – If, as part of your tour cost, you rent a bicycle from Galloway Holidays (Galloway Cycling Holidays), Galloway Holidays will assist you with cycle fitting. Galloway Holidays will also provide some basic cycling advice. Any bicycle rented from Galloway Holidays by you will be your responsibility for the duration of the rental period. If any damage is caused to the bicycle, it is your responsibility to report this to Galloway Holidays without delay, and in any event, by the end of the rental period.
12. LUGGAGE TRANSFER – A luggage carrying service is available on some tours. Whilst Galloway Holidays will take all reasonable care of your luggage, they cannot be responsible for any loss or damage caused to your luggage once it has been delivered to your accommodation*.
*Please note that, to date, Galloway Holidays, has never had any luggage lost or damaged, nor has it had reported by customers, lost or damaged luggage by any of its accommodation providers.
13. PERSONAL INSURANCE – Galloway Holidays strongly recommends that you take out holiday insurance to cover yourself for cancellation or curtailment, baggage loss, personal injury and third party liability while on your break. Galloway Holidays can accept no responsibility for loss or damage to property or belongings.
14. RESPONSIBILITY - Galloway Holidays does not accept responsibility for the state of footpaths, tracks or roads on cycling breaks. All routes are followed at the cyclist's own risk. Galloway Holidays do not provide any warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy of any information provided in respect of any route. Should any route be marked closed, or should the road surface on the day be unfit for cycling, it is your responsibility to seek out a safe and suitable alternative.
Cyclists use any transportation provided by Galloway Holidays at their own risk.
15. FORCE MAJEURE - Galloway Holidays cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from war or terrorist activities, weather conditions, fire, flood or drought, airport closures, rescheduling of means of transport, or any other eventuality which may delay or extend the holiday.
16. COMPLAINTS – Galloway Holidays will do their utmost to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday. If you have any problems please contact Galloway Holidays immediately and they will do their best to resolve them. Any complaints should be notified to Galloway Holidays as soon as is reasonably practicable, and in any event notified to in writing within 7 days from the end of your holiday.
17. WEBSITE - While every care has been taken to ensure that the information on the Galloway Cycling Holidays website is correct, no warranty is given, express or implied, as to the accuracy of any of the information contained therein and Galloway Holidays accepts no liability for any inaccuracy. All information is subject to alteration without notice.
18. APPLICABLE LAW – Galloway Holidays’ contract with you shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
19. IMPORTANT NOTE
Holidays are booked with the understanding that all cyclists are able to cycle, are physically fit to a reasonable degree, and do not have any medical condition which may make physical activity dangerous for them or for others. Galloway Holidays does not accept any responsibility for death, injury or illness of customers (unless this arises as a direct result of some fault or deficiency of any bicycle rented by Galloway Holidays to you)*. They will, of course, assist all customers as far as possible in these circumstances.
*All bicycles rented to customers by Galloway Holidays are thoroughly and regularly maintained to ensure that no such injury should occur.